What to submit:
- The first 3000 words of your science fiction novel that meets with the criteria of the competition and our T&Cs.
- A brief story synopsis (maximum one page).
How to submit:
Send us an email to katenashSF@gmail.com, with your submission & synopsis included in the body of the email. Please do not send your submission as an attached document. Please title your email with your name and #NearAndFarNov.
The winner will receive an editorial assessment of their manuscript (up to 90k words) and personal consultation with an agent via telephone or Skype.
Three runners up will receive editorial feedback on their synopses and first 3000 words.
Terms and conditions:
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old and be a resident of the UK or Ireland. Entrants must not be currently under contract for publication by a publisher, or be represented by a literary agent.
- The Winner and Runners Up will be selected from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions that fulfil the Criteria. Entries will be judged for the quality of writing, originality, and style (“Criteria”).
- The Winner and Runners Up will be selected by representatives from the Kate Nash Literary Agency Ltd (together the “Judges”), whose decision will be final.
- The Winner will be announced on 1st February 2020 by Twitter and Facebook, and a post on the Kate Nash Literary Agency website.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter.
- The competition opens at 00.01 GMT on Friday 1st November 2019 and closes at 23:59 GMT on Saturday 30th November 2019. Any Entries received outside these specified times and dates, and any Entries that do not meet the requirements of these terms and conditions, will not be eligible for entry into the Competition.
- A maximum of one Entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent Entries will be disqualified.
- By submitting their Entry, the Entrant agrees and warrants that (i) the submission contains the Entrant’s own original work; and (ii) nothing in the submission is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s right. If any third-party material is included it must be with the prior permission of the original writer or other creator. The Kate Nash Literary Agency reserves the right to ask for the permission before any prize is distributed. Any Entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the Competition and from winning any prize.
- The Kate Nash Literary Agency reserves the right to alter the prizes, the judging panel or cancel the Competition without notice but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment.
- The Kate Nash Literary Agency is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to Entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for Entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The names and email addresses of entrants (‘Information’) will be collected by the Kate Nash Literary Agency and will be used in accordance with its Privacy Notice which can be found here.
- The Winner and Runners-Ups names’ will be shared in a public announcement by any media outlets who chose to run articles on this competition.
- By entering the Competition each Entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Application deadline is 30 November 2019.
For more information, visit: https://katenashlit.co.uk/sf-comp/