Have you written something which you think has potential but needs a little help? Or do you have a completed piece which is fine, but you lack the confidence to take the leap and show it to someone else? This winter, Product’s Literary Editor Richard Allen will offer a mentoring service to new writers of fiction and non-fiction.
Richard will help selected writers draft, revise and perfect an original piece of writing to be published in Product next year. Interested writers or would-be writers are invited to send one example of work and a brief outline of their idea to email@example.com by 30 November 2019.
Applications are open to writers in English, regardless of nationality, hairstyle or geographical location.
The two selected writers will be announced on 8 December 2019 and will be able to commence developing work from then on.
When applying, please note the following guidelines:
- Fiction and non-fiction work should be no longer than 3,000 words. Applications exceeding this limit will not be considered
- Outline your idea in a maximum of 300 words
- Please send Word documents only
- Include your name, address, postcode and word count on the title sheet.
- Work must be original and not previously published anywhere, either print or online.
- Deadline: midday 30 November 2019
- Product is a co-operative with charitable status, run by volunteers. We will reply to all applications, and ensure that all applications are read, but please bear in mind that we may not be able to respond to applications immediately.
- There is no cash prize, certificate or awards ceremony (!)
- Entry is free until 25 October, after which there will be a nominal fee.
Find out more about Product here: www.productmagazine.co.uk