Following a successful 40th anniversary programme, Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival (DGAF) is recruiting a new Project & Communications Manager.
Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival is the largest rural performing arts festival in Scotland. It has been running a highly successful festival each May since 1979. In addition to the festival, it now works with a network of local promoters, venues and community groups to provide high quality performances all year round, under the banner of Dumfries & Galloway Arts Live.
Job Title: Project & Communications Manager
Hours of work: Full-time (35 hours per week). 18 Month Fixed Term Contract in the first instance
Location: Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival Office, Gracefield Arts Centre, Dumfries
Responsible to: General Manager
Responsible for: Freelance Staff
They are seeking to recruit a proactive individual who will work closely with the General Manger to deliver high profile, quality local and national press and media campaigns for the festival and year-round touring programme Arts Live.
The successful candidate is required to have the following key skills:
• Develop and implement the communications strategies for all DGAF platforms
• Audience development and databases
• Monitoring and assessment of projects
• Experience in preparing brochure and marketing collateral
• Full driving licence and access to a car
• Press and marketing experience both on and off-line
• Excellent administrative, organisational and interpersonal skills
• A good knowledge of the contemporary performing arts scene
• Excellent communications and digital media skills
• Working with online media channels and website maintenance and development
If you are selected to be interviewed for the post you will be informed by Tuesday 5th November.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 13th November in Dumfries.
As part of the interview process you will be required to make a 10 minute presentation on your vision for marketing Dumfries and Galloway Arts Festival and Arts Live. This will be followed by a formal interview.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Suzanne Thorpe), or call 01387259627, or visit https://www.dgartsfestival.org.uk
The deadline is Thursday 31 October 2019 at 17:00.