The Scots Language Publication grant exists to support Scottish publishers to publish and promote work written in Scots.
The Scots Language Publication grant was set up by The Scots Language Resource Network, which meets twice a year to discuss the coordination and publication of new and existing resources (online and in print) that support the learning and teaching of Scots.
It currently includes representatives from the following organisations:
• Creative Scotland
• Education Scotland
• Glasgow Women’s Library
• Literature Alliance Scotland
• National Library of Scotland
• Publishing Scotland
• Scots Language Centre
• Scots Language Dictionaries
• Scottish Book Trust
• Scottish Poetry Library
• Wigtown Book Festival
The publication grant is funded by the Scottish Government and administered by Scottish Book Trust.
Applications are welcome from publishers seeking assistance with:
• Publishing new work, including translated texts
• Reprinting existing historical or culturally significant work
• Effective marketing and promotion of existing and new work
We will cover some or all of the costs relating to the following:
• Copy editing and proofing
• Illustrations and cover design
• Audio production (CD/DVD/MP3/other appropriate format)
• Digital production (text only)
• Marketing and promotion costs of new or existing work
For more information go to:
The deadline is Monday 27 May 2019 at 12:00.